Escape rooms are a fun way to get to know people on a deeper level and create life long memories, and this is especially true in corporate settings. While a usual outing such as having dinner with your team or going out for drinks after work limits social interactions and does not let you get to know everybody on the same level, an escape game provides an exciting and fun environment where everyone is involved. Furthermore an escape room is perfect to discover the strengths and weaknesses of each member, and helps in stregtheting important skills and connections. In this article we collected all the important advantages why you should get your team down to an escape room, and why it will benefit everyone.
Understanding Comfort Zones in the Corporate Setting
Everyone has a comfort zone; it’s where familiarity and routine provide a sense of security and predictability. This is no different in workplaces, where you might manage similar tasks five days a week. Once you get into your daily routine it might be hard to think or step outside the box, even if you have a strong desire to do so.
Having a decent structure in your workdays might be a good thing, but it also has some disadvantages. A comfort zone limits you from trying new things and learning new skills. Stepping out of this zone might bring you new sensations, you might discover new skillsets you never knew about, which ultimately brings you to self-growth and satisfaction.
Introduction to Escape Rooms
Escape rooms are the ultimate team-based challenge, where you can learn and get to know each other in the most entertaining way possible. A 60-minute escape room is an immersive adventure game in which groups search for clues and solve puzzles to escape before the time runs out.
Teams can benefit from escape rooms by developing collaborative skills, communication skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and stamina! Additionally, they can help a team practice responding to high-stakes situations.
In 2007, Takao Kato, the creator of Real Escape Room, gave rise to the escape room phenomenon. Since then, escape rooms have become increasingly popular around the world popping up in places like San Francisco, Singapore, Switzerland, and even Royal Caribbean cruise ships. The global population just can’t get enough of them!The players have realised that escape rooms are not only a fun pass time activity, but they also improve communication, time-management skills and team-work, therefore making them the best option for corporate team-buildings.
The Power of Escape Rooms in Challenging Comfort Zones
There are many ways escape rooms can challenge your comfort zone without you even realising it.
- Experiential learning: Escape rooms provide a hands-on experience for teams to tackle unfamiliar situations.
- Time pressure and stress: Escape rooms simulate real-world pressure and encourage participants to think under stress.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking: Escape rooms require teams to analyze clues, think creatively, and make decisions collectively.
- Effective communication and collaboration: Escape rooms foster teamwork, communication, and the distribution of roles and responsibilities.
- Risk-taking and decision-making: Escape rooms encourage participants to take risks and make strategic decisions without fear of failure.
The Impact on Corporate Team Building
You and your team can benefit from participating in escape room games in countless different ways.
- Strengthening relationships: Escape rooms create a bond among team members through shared challenges and accomplishments.
- Building trust and synergy: Escape rooms cultivate trust, enhance collaboration, and break down barriers within teams.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses: Escape rooms reveal individual and team strengths and areas for improvement.
- Enhancing problem-solving skills: Escape rooms sharpen analytical thinking, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Motivation and morale: Successful escape room experiences boost employee motivation, satisfaction, and overall team morale.
Why Should You Book Now?
All in all we can conclude that escape rooms are not only a fun activity to enjoy, but they can have serious advantages when you play with workmates. You can get to know one another better in unique situations, and it also improves communication and team work. Visit American Escape Rooms to have a fun experience finding interesting clues and solving puzzles. Are you ready?